I’m the type of person that loves a good smokey treat. What I really love, though, is cooking my food in an outdoor grill like the Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe. This summer we grilled up some delicious smoky buffalo chicken dip on our new Big Green Egg and it was so easy to do!
The “kamado joe vs green egg” is a debate that has been going on for years. The “Big Green Egg” is an oven (or smoker) made by the company “Kamado Joe”.
It’s possible that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link, I may get a commission. In addition, I receive money on qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate. —
The Big Green Egg makes a wonderfully simple smoked buffalo chicken dip. One suggestion is to make sure you have a cast iron pan on hand to cook it on. The cast iron skillet will not only cook it evenly, but it will also keep the dip hot for longer while you and your guests enjoy it!
Don’t have access to a smoker? If you follow all of the Instructions and simply bake it, this smoked buffalo chicken dip is still delicious.
Ingredients for Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cream Cheese, 8 oz (1 Packet)
- 2 cups – Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Franks Red Hot Original Sauce, 1/2 cup
- Hidden Valley Ranch, 1/2 cup (If you like blue cheese then blue cheese salad dressing is good too).
- Tortilla Chips, 1 bag
What Is Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip and How Do I Make It?
For this dish, it’s best to either smoke a beer can chicken or spatchcock a chicken. It will greatly enhance the taste. In that case, pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery is another wonderful choice if you’re short on time.
Start by removing and shredding the meat, whether it’s from a smoked chicken or a store-bought rotisserie. For this amazing smoked buffalo chicken dip, you’ll need two cups.
After the chicken has been shredded, add the cream cheese. It’s best to soften it first before putting it in the cast iron skillet. Simply remove the cream cheese from the aluminum wrap and microwave it to soften it.
It’s time to put the chicken to the cast iron pan with the cream cheese.
After that, pour in the whole bag of cheese, which should give 2 cups.
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing from Hidden Valley
Add 1/2 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce to the mix.
Mix everything together completely, then pour into the bottom of your cast iron skillet until it’s level.
My favorite way to eat it is with a little more cheese on top. Another wonderful option would be to top it with pepper jack cheese, which I didn’t have on hand for this specific dish. It’s as simple as that to make a fantastic smoked buffalo chicken dip.
What’s the Best Way to Make Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip? (Assembled on the Big Green Egg)
Smoking buffalo chicken dip on the Big Green Egg doesn’t get any simpler than this. Simply fire up the Big Green Egg (or Kamado Joe) and set the temperature to about 350 degrees.
Indirect heat will also be used to cook the smoked buffalo chicken dip. Insert your plate setter or convert”egg”tor with the feet facing up and the grate on top to do this.
Smoke the buffalo chicken dip for around 20 minutes, after which you should inspect it. It’s ready to pull and eat once the cheese on top is done! This smoked buffalo chicken dip is a must-try!
Dip with Cheesy Smoked Buffalo Chicken
- Cream Cheese, 8 ounce (1 Packet)
- 2 cups Colby-Monterrey Jack
- 2 cups cooked, pulled, and shredded chicken (Better with smoked beer can chicken or smoked spatchcock chicken)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
- Hidden Valley Ranch (1/2 cup) (or blue cheese salad dressing if you prefer)
- 1 Tortilla Chips bag
- With the plate setter installed and the feet up, set the Big Green Egg to 350 degrees.
- Remove the foil from the cream cheese and microwave it to soften it.
- In a cast iron pan, soften the cream cheese. With the exception of the tortilla chips, combine all other ingredients. Mix thoroughly with a fork, then flatten into a uniform layer.
- Start testing for doneness after 20 minutes on the Big Green Egg. When the cheese on top has melted, remove it. To keep the dip warm, serve it in a cast iron pan.
- big green egg vs kamado joe
- kamado grills
- spicy buffalo chicken dip