The RoboMower RM400 robotic lawn mower is designed to mow small to average sized lawns. It can maintain an area of up to 4500 sq/ft over 3 days. It is fully automated and will return to its docking station to charge when required. It features a rain sensor, programmable zones, and a grass mulching system. Safety features include an alarmed antitheft system, a child guard system to prevent accidental turn on and a tilt sensor which instantly stops the blade when the mower is lifted. It also features a remote control for guiding the RoboMower RM400 through narrow areas.
We found Amazon.com to have the best prices on all robotic lawn mowers including the
RoboMower RM400 Features and Specifications
- RoboMower RM400 Coverage – 4500 sq/ft over 3 days
- Mower Size – 25” l x 20.5” w x 12” h
- Weight with battery – 39 lbs.
- Cutting width – 7 inches
- Cutting height – 0.8 inches to 3.15 inches
- Safety Sense mower lift detection
- Average working time – 2.5 hours
- Charging time – 16 hours
- Slope capability – 18 degrees
- Programmable day and time and lawn entry points
- Current Generation Software
- 2-year limited warranty
- Theft-Guard theft deterrent system
- Mulching System
- Manual controller for easy use
- LCD operation display
- Touch sensitive bumpers
- Edge learning capabilities
- Power management system
- Automatic ‘Replace blade’ reminder at 200 hours of operation
RoboMower RM400 Reviews
We found a handful of reviews for the RoboMower RM400. In general, people seemed to be happy with its performance but found that mowing took a very long time. Although the RoboMower RM400 is marketed for those with medium sized lawns, it may be best suited to those who have small lawns. One reviewer who has a moderate sized lawns seemed to be happy once the mower had finished its initial cutting. He felt the mower was able to keep on top of his mowing needs and keep his lawn looking good all season.
One review noted that in narrow areas, less than 6’ in width, you would need to manually guide the mower with the remote control.
Buy RoboMower RM400
If you are looking for a basic robotic mower to mow a small lawn, this mower may well fit your needs. If you have a bigger yard, or have many narrow passageways you may wish to consider the RoboMower RM1000, or a LawnBott model.