If you have been searching for information on the best cordless lawn mower, the six cordless mowers we have reviewed below are bound to be extremely useful for you. The best cordless lawn mower for you may not be the best cordless mower for somebody else. Therefore we highly encourage you to look at the features of each lawn mower and decide what best suits your gardening needs.
The criteria we used to select the best cordless lawn mower
1. 24 Volt or 36 Volt rechargeable battery – most batteries that come with cordless lawn mowers are 24 volt batteries. A typical 24 volt battery contains enough power to mow a typical 1/4 acre lawn. But the Black & Decker CM1936 cordless lawn mowers come with a 36 volt battery and has the ability to mow up to 1/3rd of an acre with a single charge
2. Removable battery? Is the battery of the cordless mower removable or not? If it is removable, and you have an extra battery, you can keep mowing even after the first battery dies
3. Cutting swath/Deck size – the best smallest cordless lawn mowers cover areas as little as 14 inches while the widest ones cover up to 21 inches while the average is 19 inches
4. Self propelled electric cordless lawn mowers? Depending on the terrain of land you wish to mow (hilly vs flat),or for other personal reasons some people may prefer self propelled cordless lawn mowers. However, the self propelled feature can also be a disadvantage for cordless lawn mowers because they will consume some energy for propulsion which could otherwise be used for mowing.
5. Customer reviews as shown on Amazon.com
6. Last but not least, the price of the battery powered cordless lawn mower was also an important factor in our formula to select the best cordless lawn mower.
1. Black & Decker 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Lawn Mowers
This is our #1 rated best cordless lawn mower. Feel free to compare its features to other mowers listed below.
– Has a removable 36V battery – can mow lawns up to 1/3 of an acre in one charge
– Because the battery is removable, you can use additional batteries to mow areas greater than 1/3 of an acre without having to recharge the previous battery
– Includes Energy Star rated charger
– Weighs only 72 pounds
– Has a 19-inch deck size
– Mulch or rear bag collection
– Folds down for easy, compact storage – This is really cool!
– Comes with a 2 year limited warranty that includes rear bag assembly, safety key, mulch plug, 36V battery pack, and battery charger
2. Earthwise 20-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers
This is the best value for the money, if you don’t mind the 24 volt battery (as compared to the 36 volt battery on the Black & Decker CM1936)
– This comes with a 24 volt battery
– The battery is removable just like the Black and Decker above. So if you have extra batteries, you can mow greater areas of lawn with this cordless lawn mower
– Has a wide 20-inch coverage
– Weighs 92 pounds
– 7 height positions, ranging from 1-1/2 to four inches
– This Cordless Electric Lawnmower is has three mowers in one – functions as a mulching mower, a side discharge mower, and a rear bag mower (collect leaves in fall)
Comes with 2 year limited warranty
3. Toro e-Cycler 20-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
– Comes with a 36 volt battery – can mow up to 10,000 square feet (0.22956 acres; this is less than what the Black & Decker cordless lawn mower from above claims -0.33 acres-)
– 20-inch coverage
– It has a 4-inch deep-domed deck design which is specially designed for superior mulching performance
– Choose from Mulching or Bag Collection
– Weighs 77 pounds
– 2-year warranty that offers full coverage for the mower and the battery
4. Greenworks 18-Inch 24-Volt Self Propelled Cordless Lawn Mowers
– Self Propelled – this is one of the rare self-propelled cordless lawn mowers you will find
– 24 volt battery – mows up to 1/4 of an acre
– The battery is also removable, again enabling mowing of larger areas if you have multiple rechargeable batteries
– 18-inch cutting path – one of the smaller deck models for cordless mowers
– 7-position single-lever height adjustment
– Energy Star rated battery charger
– Comes with a 4-year warranty
5. Epic 21-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
– 24 volt rechargeable battery – cuts 7,000 to 10,000 square feet of lawn in a single charge
– Wide 21-inch coverage
– Another Self-Propelled cordless lawn mower – perfect for hilly or dense terrain
– Has multiple functions – Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Lawn Mower
– It’s relatively more expensive compared to other rechargeable cordless lawn mowers featured on this page
6. Friendly Robotics RoboMower 21-Inch Automatic Cordless Electric Lawn Mower and Docking Station
– Automatic – cuts grass all by itself
– Schedule a weekly program, sit back, relax, and mow!
– 24-volt battery lets the mower operate for 4 hours on a single charge – if it couldn’t finish your lawn in one go, it’ll come back to the recharging station, charge itself and go back to the lawn to finish the job
– Has additional edge mode and manual-trim modes
– Dimensions – 26.0 x 12.5 x 35.0 inches (WxHxD)
– Weighs 50 pounds (without battery)
– Triple Chamber Mulching System
– 360 degree touch sensitive bumper
– Comes with 2-year warranty on the unit and a one-year warranty on the battery
Cordless Lawn Mowers – Now you know what the BEST cordless mower is!
Hope you agree with our choice on the best cordless lawn mower. Sure, there may be exceptions where you prefer the Epic cordless lawn mower featured above to the Black and Decker simply because it has a wider coverage at 21 inches and it is self-propelled. But it is also $100 more expensive and cuts less area with a single charge compared to the CM1936 rechargeable cordless lawn mowers. Depending on your individual needs you may prefer a different model of cordless mowers. That is exactly why we have listed our 6 best cordless lawn mowers for you to choose from depending on your individual needs.