A beautiful lawn is somewhere you can relax and unwind, but only if it looks clean. You will need to cut the grass regularly and trim hedges, and for these tasks, good equipment is vital. You can invest in the best battery mower to cut grass and keep your plan tidy.
What Is a Battery Mower?
You might have had gas mowers and electric lawn mowers before, but now you do not need these. A battery-powered lawn mower comes with a rechargeable battery that means you can charge it electrically and then use the charge to mow your lawn.
Unlike gas or corded electric mowers, battery-powered lawn mowers are easier to use, less noisy, and eco-friendly. You can also find them in different designs; you can buy a push lawn mower, a self-propelled mower, a lawn tractor, or even a robotic lawnmower.
When buying your ideal type of battery-powered lawn mower, you will need to understand how long the battery can last, its cutting length, plus what it does with the grass clippings. In addition, the size of lawn you need to mow should also inform your purchase so you can get the right size and type of battery-powered mower.
That said, it is still not easy to pick the best battery-powered lawn mower, which is why we have compiled this list of five for you. First, we will review the main features, pros, and cons of these battery-powered mowers and discuss which factors make a battery mower ideal for you, plus the advantages of choosing it over a corded or gas mower.
1. Greenworks 16-Inch Cordless (2-In-1) Push Lawn Mower
- CORDLESS LAWN MOWER – Get more done, faster, with Greenworks electric lawn mowers. This 40v push lawn mower...
- LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO USE – A lightweight 16” cutting deck allows for easy maneuvering through small to...
- VERSATILE – Battery powered lawn mower has a single lever 5-position height adjustment with a cutting height...
- MAINTENANCE FREE – This walk behind lawn mower is virtually maintenance free, with no gas, no oil and no...
- INCLUDES – Battery operated lawn mower comes with mower, grass collection bag, 40V 4.0Ah battery, charger...
Greenworks is synonymous with making the best battery-powered tools, and the best battery mower comes from them. It is a 16-inch push lawn mower that is ideal for mowing small to medium-sized lawns. However, you can also find a smaller 14-inch mower if you have a smaller lawn.
It is a battery-powered lawn mower with a 40V 4.0Ah Lithium battery that is also compatible with other tools from the company. On a full charge, these batteries can perfect your lawns for 45 minutes straight before you need to recharge them. The battery will also fully recharge in 120 minutes.
You can choose between five lever positions so you can adjust the best cutting height, and the mower has an easy-to-use start button. It is a lightweight mower with a 2-in-1 design; it can bag the grass clippings or mulch them to improve the soil quality.
Available at an affordable price, this battery lawn mower comes in a green color plus a 3-year tool and battery warranty. The package also includes a user manual, grass bag, charger, and battery.
2. WORX WG779 40V Power Share 14" Lawn Mower
- [6 HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS] A single lever lets you set the height you want to cut your lawn, depending on the...
- [INTELLICUT] feature provides torque on demand for tougher conditions
- [SAME BATTERY, EXPANDABLE POWER] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power...
- [MULCH OR BAG] This 2-in-1 mower lets you bag it up, or mulch your grass back into the ground, it’s up to...
- [BATTERY METER] The on-board battery charge indicator lets you know exactly how much juice you have left...
If you want one of the best battery mowers for all seasons, this option from Worx is your best buy. It is a 2-in-1, 14-inch lawnmower that can bag or mulch the cut grass. In addition, it offers six grass-cutting heights so you can choose how your lawn looks.
The Intellicut feature makes it ideal for lawns across different regions; it adjusts the torque needed to mow even thicker grass. As a 40V battery lawn mower, it comes with two 20V batteries that you can charge simultaneously and are compatible with other Worx tools.
Also, unlike other battery mowers, this Work mower comes with an onboard battery meter that tells you how much longer you can mow before it dies. In addition to the battery meter, the mower also has an indicator that will tell you when the grass bag is full.
The battery-powered lawn mower is relatively affordable, and the package comes with a charger, .85 bushels grass collection bag, a mulch plug, plus the two 20V batteries.
3. Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Push Electric Lawn Mower
- Up to 90-minute run time with (2) Briggs & Stratton 82V MAX 2.0 Lithium-ion Batteries. Kit includes 2...
- 21-Inch Steel mowing deck with 3-in-1 design to mulch, bag, or side-discharge grass clippings with ease
- Intelligent load-sensing technology allows for optimum power levels while you mow for maximum efficiency
- Push button start and a single lever, 7 position height of cut adjustment; Rear wheel size: 10 inch
- Large 1.7 bushel bagger to collect clippings and a single lever, 7 position height-of-cut adjustment for ideal...
If you have a large lawn, this Snapper cordless electric lawn mower is your best buy. It has a 21-inch cutting blade designed to cover a large area with every push. Then, it is a 3-in-1 mower that will bag, mulch, or side discharge the grass clippings.
It uses two Briggs & Stratton 82V 2.0Ah Lithium-ion Batteries that will give you a run time of 90 minutes so you can cover a larger area. In addition, it has a side lever that allows you to choose between seven grass-cutting heights.
It has an intelligent loading sensing technology that helps you preserve power, and the kit comes with two batteries plus a rapid charger. You can also get another package with either a trimmer, blower, or trimmer kit.
4. EGO Power+ LM2101 21-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower
- Up to 45 minutes of run time on single charge with the recommended 56V 5.0 Ah ARC Lithium battery
- 6-position cutting height adjustments: 1.5"- 4"
- 3-in-1 function: Mulching, bagging, side discharge
- Quick and easy push-button start
- 21" deck
The Ego Power+ LM2101 is also one of the best cordless electric lawn mowers for your large lawns. The 21-inch cutting deck will cover more ground area so your can manicure your lawns easily. Then, it comes with a 56V 5.0Ah battery that gives you a runtime of 45 minutes before you need to charge it.
It has an easy-to-use push-button to start and an easy-to-use side lever that lets you choose between six cutting adjustments. It is a 3-in-1 mower that can bag, mulch, or side-discharge grass chippings.
This best battery mower also has bright LED headlights at the front so you can cut grass even at night, and considering it is noiseless, you will never annoy your neighbors. Additionally, the mower folds nicely, so it won't take up too much space when you store it.
5. Husqvarna Automower 115H Brushless Motor Robotic Lawn Mower
- Simple DIY Install - You can DIY (Do-It-Yourself) the simple Husqvarna Automower installation process!
- Control your smart lawn mower through the Automower Connect app. Start, stop, and configure your mower in just...
- A noise-reducing motor design creates a quiet mowing experience. Plus, Lift & Tilt sensors help prevent...
- Husqvarna has been the world leader in robotic mowing for over 25 years. Top-notch technology, research, and...
- Get a beautiful lawn 24/7 with this robotic lawn mower. Suitable for small to medium-sized yards (up to 0.4...
While getting an electric mower is one thing, it is better when it can work without your supervision; this allows you to attend to other chores at home or away from home. This Husqvarna Automower 115H is a robotic battery-powered lawn mower and one of the best electric lawn mowers to buy today.
Unlike other battery-powered lawn mowers on this list, this one is fully independent once you install it. It maps the area you want it to cut grass and starts working with an innovative technique that leaves your lawn looking clean. It can sense when it needs to charge, and it will go by itself to the charging station.
You can connect to this robot through your smartphone to start or stop it, and you can also schedule mowing sessions. It uses sensors that ensure it does not bump into objects, children, or pets when working. You will be happy to leave it outside alone as it also comes with a theft protection alarm, though you cannot track it if stolen.
It has a 24-inch cutting deck, can work for 60 minutes straight, and will also need to charge for 60 minutes. This robotic mower is ideal for small to medium lawns not larger than 0.4 acres.
What Are the Advantages of Using the Best Battery Mower?
When choosing between different battery-powered lawn mowers, you know you are not only making a good choice for the environment, you are also choosing a model that will make your mowing easier. Here are the main benefits of using battery-powered mowers.
- They do not emit harmful smoke, gases or leak fuel. Thus, they are eco-friendly.
- They are cordless to make your mowing easier while mitigating the risk of tripping over or accidentally cutting the cord.
- They are easy to operate with a push-button or through your smartphone if you get a robotic mower
- They require minimal maintenance.
- They are lighter than other mowers.
- They give you the freedom to mow far.
- They are quieter than other mowers.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Battery Mower
Now that you have seen why a battery mower is your better choice, you will need to buy a good one that can last your years. Here are the main factors you need to consider to buy a lawnmower for your needs.
a) Battery life
The best battery-powered lawn mower should run for a long ti,e before the battery needs to recharge. The battery mowers above have a good run time of at least 20 to 30 minutes, but if you want to try other models other than those on this list, you should make sure you can use them for at least 30 minutes per mowing session.
If you want to know you are getting the best battery-powered mower, look at the voltage before buying. A high voltage indicates you get a powerful mower with a long-lasting battery. Any voltage between 36V to 120V is ideal. If you have a larger yard, a voltage of at least 60V is ideal for longer run times.
b) Cutting width
If you want to understand how fast your mower can work, you'd have to consider its cutting width. The cutting width is how wide the mower blade runs, and as a result, how wide it can cut the grass when mowing. For instance, a cutting width of 14 inches is ideal for a small yard, while a 20-inch cutting deck is ideal for larger yards.
But, even as you consider the swaths the mower can cut, obstacles like plants and furniture in your yard can force you to buy a smaller mower. In addition, a large cutting deck will also require more storage space, so you will also need to consider where you will store it when it is not working.
c) Cutting options
When cordless electric mowers cut grass, there are three things they can do with the grass, and you can get all three features with your best battery mower. When buying, understand whether the mower can bag, mulch, and side-discharge the grass chippings.
While most mowers can bag and mulch the grass, not all can side-discharge, especially the smaller models. If you don't want to dispose of the grass clippings after mowing, you can look for a mower that can mulch it. Mulching is when the mower cuts the clippings into fine pieces and deposits them on the soil. With time, they will get absorbed and improve soil health.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Cordless Electric Mower
a) Which is the best battery-powered mower?
The best mower for you is noiseless, easy to turn on, has a durable battery, and can cover your yard in fewer trips.
b) How do I maintain my cordless mower?
One advantage of cordless electric mowers is they need minimal maintenance. That said, you will still need to sharpen the mower blade often, remove grass clippings from the undercarriage during the mowing season regularly, and lubricate the wheels regularly so they can travel easily around your yard.
In addition, you will also need to blow debris and dust from the battery compartment and motor annually.
c) Is a battery mower better than a gas lawn mower?
Yes, a battery-powered mower uses battery power instead of fuel, making it better for the ecosystem and your health. In addition, it also saves you money since you will not need to buy fuel every time you need to mow the yard.